My Dad the U.S. China Marine

My Dad the U.S. China Marine

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Japanese Language Documents: What Are They?







One of the biggest mysteries from my late-father's albums is below. The scanned images are of an envelope containing what appear to be official documents, all printed and written in Japanese. (I originally thought these were Chinese).

I'd be interested in learning what they are, what the writing says and the significance of these documents. Please contact me! Any help is appreciated!

1 comment:

Dr. T.S. Foley said...

These documents are very intriguing
- where did you get these? Two of the documents are "household registration" records - in Shuri, Okinawa. Other documents are actually war time rations coupons. If you have other questions, feel free to write me.
TSF