My Dad the U.S. China Marine

My Dad the U.S. China Marine

Monday, May 30, 2016

China Marine Information Requested: Raymond McLoughlin

On this Memorial Day 2016 I received the following message. Can you help?

Hi – we just lost my dad last week. He was the most precious gift our family had and we are heartbroken. When my dad was 17 years old he joined the Marines as soon as he graduated high school in June, 1945. He always said he spent his 18th birthday (September 3) on a slow boat to China. Do you know how I could find out more information about my dad's time in China? Thank you.


Elizabeth McLoughlin
Daughter of Raymond McLoughlin 9/3/27


In my response to Elizabeth I found these two obituaries. I hope this will help initiate a process where we can help Elizabeth and her family learn more:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mycentraljersey/obituary.aspx?n=raymond-l-mcloughlin&pid=180074734&fhid=8272

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/app/raymond-l-mcloughlin-condolences/180074734

No comments: