My Dad the U.S. China Marine

My Dad the U.S. China Marine

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thank you, Hawaii Public Radio!




Well, you just never know! This morning I headed over to Glazers Coffee, a locally-owned coffee bar in Honolulu near the University of Hawaii at Manoa.

As I sat getting my badly-needed caffeine fix for the day in walked Bill, a gregarious radio host from Hawaii Public Radio (HPR) He had set up a small broadcast console from one of the nearby tables. He invited me to exercise my First Amendment rights on HPR for ninety seconds.

Who was I to refuse?

Okay, to be honest I was a little hesitant. My caffeine fix was still working its morning magic. But it did not take Bill long at all to welcome me to hold an HPR microphone and explain the My Dad the U.S. China Marine Project.

It was fun! I had a blast educating my host and the HPR listening audience about who the China Marines were and my late-father's time in China.

Stay tuned, all. I have a sense that I'll be on HPR again in the near-future.

Moral of the story: chances like this come without warning. When they do cross your path don't ignore them. Chance encounters like this are as precious as diamonds.

Thank you, Glazers Coffee and Hawaii Public Radio! You made my day!

No comments: