My Dad the U.S. China Marine

My Dad the U.S. China Marine

Friday, June 20, 2014

China Marine Descendants Come Forth: Beth Breeding, daughter of Robert E. Beahrs

While getting my day started here in Honolulu I received this from Beth Breeding, whose father was a post-war China Marine:

My name is Beth Breeding, daughter of Robert E. Beahrs, who was a China Marine from October, 1946 until June of 1947 when he was stationed in Guam.  He was part of the First Engineer Battalion A Company in Peiping.

I was so happy to find your information on Facebook and your blog.  Over a year ago I had begun doing a great deal of research on my dad’s time in the Marines in order to create a scrapbook for him and have found the history very interesting.

I am sorry to hear that you lost your dad a few years ago.  My dad is living in home hospice in Fort WorthTexas.  He is very lucid and was very excited when I showed him your blog.  While he was in a different unit from your dad’s and did not know him he enjoyed the photos that you had posted.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.  Should you be interested I can send you a YouTube link to the scrapbook that I made for him.

Thank you, Beth! Please thank your father for his service. When you send that YouTube link I will certainly feature it here. Semper Fi!

UPDATE: One hour later:

It was great to get such a fast response from you!

This is the link to the YouTube file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSocU0q2T6o.  I had made a scrapbook for my dad last year as a Father’s Day present.  It would not have been possible without the help of John Ahigian, my dad’s bunkmate while stationed in China.  Over the years my dad had lost his photos from that time, and after an internet search a few years ago contacted him.  John sent tons of photos – it was great!

I see that you have links on your blog including the National China Marine Association, which John Ahigian is a part of.  Unfortunately due to poor health my dad has never been able to attend any of the reunions.  I believe another one is coming up in the next few months, possibly while you are here on the mainland.  I will look up dates.  I am under the impression that it will be the last one ever scheduled.

No comments: